Fact: hair straighteners are one of the most useful hair tools around. If you’re after poker-straight hair, beach waves or bouncy curls, any hair stylist would confirm that having a quality hair straightener can help even the most novice hair enthusiasts master the most versatile hairstyles with ease.
Lucky for us, the hair care market is absolutely bursting with new models with advanced technology to ensure frizz-free styling and long-lasting results – as is the case with hair dryers and curling wands. Take a look at the Dyson Corrale, for one: it features flexing plates that swivel with your strands to ensure that all your hair is heated evenly.
Then there’s also the the BaByliss 9000 cordless straightener, which gives you up to 30 minutes of styling time even when you don’t have a plug socket nearby. The Remington HYDRAluxe pro straightener lets out a Cool Moisture Mist for styling at a lower temperature to protect your har cuticles while preventing breakage and heat damage. Be sure to also check out the L’Oréal Professionnel Steampod Steam Straightening Tool, which causes up to 78% less damage than traditional flat irons.
Best Black Friday hair straightener deals 2023:
- Dyson Corrale Hair Straightener, WAS £399.99 NOW £299.99, Sephora
- Remington HYDRAluxe Pro Straightener, WAS £159.99 NOW £58, Amazon
- ghd Unplugged Cordless Hair Straightener, WAS £299 NOW £199, ghd
- Panasonic EH-HS0E Hair Straightener, WAS £149.99 NOW £79.99, Amazon
The best hair straighteners at a glance:
- Best Dyson Hair Straightener: Dyson Corrale Hair Straightener, WAS £399.99 NOW £299.99, Sephora
- Best For Thick Hair: ghd Max Hair Straightener, £199, LookFantastic
- Best Cordless: BaByliss 9000 Cordless Hair Straightener, WAS £200 NOW £89.99, Amazon
- Best Affordable: Remington Ceramic 230 Straightener S3500, WAS £27.99 NOW £22.39, Boots
But as is often the case, with ample choice comes a difficult decision: how on Earth do you find out which hair straightener is right for you? Well, it mostly depends on your personal needs and hair type. Thankfully, we’ve tried and tested many of the best hair straighteners on the market from brands such as Dyson, ghd, BaByliss, Tresemme and more, so we have the know-how on ones that fit every budget and preference. Whether you’ve got long hair, thicker hair, afro hair, naturally dry hair or short tresses, there’s bound to be a straightening tool in this edit for you.
These weatherproof hairstyles are as practical as they are chic
Hair for all possible weather.
How to choose the best hair straighteners for your hair type
- If you’ve got fine hair: go for hair stylers with ceramic plates as they’ll be more gentle.
- If you’ve got frizzy hair: ionic technology is key for you, as it’ll protect your hair against humidity throughout the day.
- If you’ve got afro hair: ceramic-coated plates are the ones for you. Steam hair straighteners will also do a good job of styling your hair quickly but without too much damage.
- If you’ve got thick hair: wide plates like those on the ghd Max Styler will save you time.
How do I choose a hair straightener?
- The plates: consider what kind of plates your hair straighteners have. Ceramic plates take a longer time to heat up, but they distribute said heat more evenly and are gentler than metal plates, so they’re good for fine hair. Metal plates get hot very quickly and tend to be more expensive, but they can cause more heat damage. Ceramic-coated plates are made from a metal base topped with ceramic coating, which means you get the best of both worlds.
- Temperature settings: consider hair straighteners with variable temperature settings so you get the optimum experience for your hair type and desired look. Such a feature is also great if you plan on sharing your straighteners with others.
- Iconic technology: hair straighteners with ionic technology reduce frizz, snags and fly-aways because they neutralise the positive charge that’d usually cause hair strands to repel each other.
- Additional accessories: If you’re planning on taking your hair straighteners away, consider accessories like heat-proof mats, silicone plate guards and travel pouches, that’ll make styling on the go much easier.
After more hair content? Head this way for the best hair dryers, in this direction for travel hair dryers to take on your next weekend break and over here for curling wands. We’ve also got the best hot rollers, sleep in rollers, best hot brushes and air stylers, as well as the best ghd hair straighteners, best hair curlers and tongs and the best shampoos and conditioners.
For more makeup, skincare, haircare and wellness content from Glamour UK Commerce Writer Denise Primbet, follow her on Twitter @deniseprimbet and Instagram @deniseprimbet.
Horoscope haircuts are trending. Check what chop you should get based on your zodiac sign
When the stars align for one hell of a haircut 🌠
Scroll for our full edit of the best hair straighteners that will leave your hair in tip-top shape…
Read the full article here