At-home laser hair removal machines and IPL devices are easily one of the best methods to remove unwanted hair. Sure, they’ve historically had a bad rap for being too expensive, too ineffective and too painful – but much like everything else in the beauty industry, they’ve come a long way since. Today’s new-and-improved models are known for their increased battery life, compact size and advanced technology, which deliver seriously impressive results, resulting in a totally painless experience.
About the only downside is still the hefty price tag, but trust us when we tell you that IPL machines and at-home laser hair removal devices make the best beauty investments. Just think about all the ££ you’d have to splurge for in-salon hair removal treatments (which when added up cost way more than even the most expensive options we’ve listed below).
Don’t get us wrong – having body hair is absolutely normal and you should never feel obligated to get rid of it, whether that’s on your legs, your underarms or anywhere else. But if you happen to prefer a hair-free finish, that’s perfectly fine too.
Best laser hair removal machines at a glance:
- Best laser hair removal machine overall: SmoothSkin Bare+ Ultrafast IPL Device Exclusive Collection, WAS £199 NOW £159, CurrentBody
- Best laser hair removal machine for sensitive skin: Philips Lumea Prestige IPL Hair Removal Device, WAS £509.99 NOW £389.99, Amazon
- Best cordless laser hair removal machine: Sensica Sensilight Pro with RPL Technology For Permanent Hair Reduction
- Best laser hair removal machine for darker skin tones: Silk’n Infinity 400k Permanent Hair Remover for Light to Dark Skin
Laser hair removal devices are definitely worth a try, even if you’re used to other hair removal methods like shaving, waxing kits and using electric trimmers. But it’s fair to say that more traditional methods of hair removal typically come with a flurry of side effects, which can include ingrown hairs, itching, redness and irritation. So, if you’re open to experimenting with your beauty routine, we thoroughly recommend casting aside your trusty razor and checking out some of the best laser hair removal machines.
No need to be nervous – to make your life easier, we’ve put together a list of all the very best laser hair removal machines out there. Plus, we’ve also included some advice from experts and took the time to address your burning FAQs to ease your mind even further. So keep reading and enjoy.
Meet the experts:
- Chloé Fallon, IPL beauty expert at Philips
- Barbara Taylor, senior practitioner at Pulse Light Clinic
Read the full article here