The best electric diffusers can have a positive effect on our mood, creating a spa-like ambience that make your space smell lovely. A gorgeous scent can elevate a relaxed night in, help you focus during the workday (ideal in a world where our bedrooms often double-up as places of work) or just add some extra ambience to at-home date nights.
Sure, scented candles, room sprays and reed diffusers have their benefits, but the best electric diffusers – or nebulising diffusers, as they’re often otherwise also referred to – have the power to fill your home with calming, restorative or energising scents more quickly than their counterparts, while eradicating any risk of spillage. Or your curtains going up in flames. How? They emit a continuous stream of mist containing drops of essential oil at a high air pressure into your room, filling a space of any size with a beautiful scent and allowing you to reap the potential benefits of aromatherapy.
What’s more? They’re often fairly affordable to run, can be left unattended thanks to automated time settings, and many of them double up as other appliances like mood lights, speakers or stylish pieces of home decor. Sound good? We think so too. Ahead, everything you could possibly need to know.
Electric diffusers, aromatherapy and their benefits | Is it OK to use a diffuser every day? | Are electric diffusers expensive to run? | The best aromatherapy oils for your diffuser | Electric diffuser full reviews
Meet the experts:
- Robert Tisserand – one of the world’s leading experts in aromatherapy and founder of Tisserand Aromatherapy.
- Jo Kellet – essential oils expert at Tisserand.
The best electric diffusers 2023, at a glance:
- Best overall: Electronic Diffuser, £70, The White Company
- Best for bedrooms: Textured Ceramic Electronic Diffuser, £80, The White Company
- Best for large rooms: NEOM Wellbeing Pod Luxe Diffuser, £129, Look Fantastic
- Best value: Velma Floral Pink Essential Oil Electric Aroma Diffuser, £45, Oliver Bonas
- Best on Amazon: Beurer LA 40 Aroma Diffuser LED Table Lamp, £29.98, Amazon
What are the benefits of electric diffusers?
Essential oil diffusers use ultrasonic pulses to blend drops of essential oil with water before circulating a fragranced, cool mist around your room. Electric diffusers have the power to fill your space with subtly-scented purified air that helps you feel relaxed or perhaps more focused – depending on which essential oil you choose (more on that later). But that’s not all. Investing in an essential oil diffuser also allows you to take advantage of the benefits of aromatherapy.
Read the full article here